Welcome to RBX Radio
frontpage4.png
frontplayer.pnglistenlivebutton2.png

We are not just a radio station! We are a thriving online community
Guests can freely listen to our station and view the content below, but to view all forums our community has to offer you must register or sign in.
Registration is free and allows you to post, read, comment, like, share and rate posts. You can also create blogs, make friends, post status updates,
send personal messages and of course use our chat box. So you see we have so much going on, and the biggest bonus of all is listening to great music with great company.

(This message will be removed once you have signed in.)

social2.png
Choose Sign In Or Sign Up To Connect With The Above Socials...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty-D Owner

Squeaking puppy swallowed 8in-long knife

2 posts in this topic

192-0-868096b0f85fdcd9d19d135badcc2a86.jpg

A puppy called Macie was "extremely lucky to survive" after swallowing an 8-inch (20cm) long kitchen knife, according to experts.

Fortunately, the handle went in first rather than the blade which would have pierced her organs and probably caused fatal injuries.

The handle passed through Macie's stomach and into her intestines, while the tip of the knife was still in her gullet, an X-ray showed.

A vet carried out emergency surgery to remove the object and the operation was a success. Macie is now recovering and healing well.

The scare started when her owner Irene Paisley, from Glasgow, noticed the 12-week-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier making a squeaking sound and then choking.

She said: "I thought she'd swallowed part of a toy. Then she was sick, but there was no sign of a toy and she started choking."

Ms Paisley, 46, said she was "terrified" and by the time they arrived at the vet "there was blood coming out of her nose".

Having lost her previous Staffie to cancer just two months earlier, Ms Paisley feared the worst.

She said: "The loss of our previous dog was still very raw and the thought of losing Macie was devastating."

She said she could not believe it when experts told her the puppy had swallowed a knife.

Ms Paisley added: "I have no idea where she got hold of it. She could have pinched it out of the dishwasher, but no-one saw what happened.

"None of us could sleep that night as we knew Macie might not survive."

But the operation went well and the following morning Macie was transferred to a PDSA Pet Hospital, where her recovery began.

Vet Emily Ronald said: "The morning after surgery, she was bouncing all over the place as if nothing had happened.

"Macie has been back for frequent check-ups over the past two weeks and we're pleased she's recovering and healing well."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh yeah I saw this story a few months ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JOIN US

To view every thing our community has to offer Including, all our forums, chat box, blogs, personal messaging
& more...

SIGN UP NOW!


MOBILE APPS

RBX RADIO

Welcome to RBX Radio! The number one radio station & online community, We have some of the best DJs around! Playing 24/7 unsigned, Indie, New & Mainstream music...